Thursday, August 11, 2022

Yet Another Music Therapy

Can you tell I love music. I've just found a lot of inspiring songs to me and hopefully they can be inspiring to you in difficult times! I have a few songs to share.

The first song is "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John. Don't you just love his music. Always upbeat and this is no exception. I first heard this song on Glee. Yes, I love that show. I get a ton of inspiring music from there.

"And did you think this fool could never win
Well look at me, I'm coming back again
I got a taste of love in a simple
And if you need to know while I'm still standing you just fade away
Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my 

life without you on my mind
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah"


Love these lyrics. I think this explains itself. This fool is gonna win. And I will come back again. The normal, happy Kayla will be back one day. And IC NEEDS to fade away. I'm still standing. Not gonna lie, some days it's barely standing but hey at least I'm still standing. And one day people can say I'm a survivor. But, hey, I think I'm already a survivor. After all I've been through so far. I've survived that. 

The next song is called "Courage" by SuperChick. Just going to share some lyrics that speak out to me. 

"You should know you're not on your own
These secrets are walls that keep us alone
I don't know when but I know now
Together we'll make it through somehow"



The next song is "I Need Thee Every Hour" I love the version of this song. This guy is so talented. The first time I heard his version, I cried. It hit me that I need God more than anything. I need Him EVERY hour. I don't deserve His love but he still loves me unconditionally.

I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord; 
no tender voice like thine can peace afford. 
I need thee, O I need thee; 
every hour I need thee; 
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.
I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby; 
temptations lose their power when thou art nigh. 
(Refrain) 
I need thee every hour, in joy or pain; 
come quickly and abide, or life is vain. 
(Refrain) 
I need thee every hour; teach me thy will; 
and thy rich promises in me fulfill. 
(Refrain) 
I need thee every hour, most Holy One; 
O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son. 
(Refrain) 

The next song is "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. Love the lyrics to this 
song. This song explains itself. 

Rise up this mornin',
Smile with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Each by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou: ")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right! "


The next song is "Anyway" by Martina McBride. I love every bit of this song
so I'll share all the lyrics.

You can spend your whole life buildin' Somethin' from nothin' One storm can come and blow it all away Build it anyway You can chase a dream That seems so out of reach And you know it might not ever come your way Dream it anyway
[chorus:]
God is great, but sometimes life ain't good When I pray it doesn't always turn out like I think it should But I do it anyway I do it anyway This world's gone crazy and it's hard to believe That tomorrow will be better than today Believe it anyway You can love someone with all your heart For all the right reasons
And in a moment they can choose to walk away love 'em anyway
[chorus]
You can pour your soul out singing  A song you believe in That tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang Sing it anyway Yeah, sing it anyway I sing, I dream, I love Anyway. 
 
Just love this song. My favorite part is "You can spend your whole life buildin' Somethin' from nothin' One storm can come and blow it all away Build it anyway" I was doing good in life. I had a great job. I had a boyfriend who I thought was the one. But then this storm called IC came through and took it all away from me. But I'm building a new life with better dreams. 

The next song is "Skyscraper" by Demi Lovato. Beautiful song. I love the chorus. 

"You can take everything I have You can break everything I am Like I'm made of glass Like I'm made of paper Go on and try to tear me down I will be rising from the ground Like a skyscraper"


IC can take everything away from but I will rise again. 




Well that's all I have. Hope you enjoy the songs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment