Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Remember the Good Days

Praise God! Today has been a pretty good day so far. I know that can change at any moment, but I'm enjoying it while I can. My brother has come to visit me today and that makes me happy! Today just seems like it's going to be a good day. I haven't posted since Monday, so I need to catch up on what is going on now.

On Monday, I had a doctor appointment. Like most of my recent doctor appointments it didn't go as expected. I didn't get any answers as to why I'm nauseated. When I told them about my symptoms the first thing they thought was KIDNEY STONE. Imagine that. That's only the hundredth time in a year that they have thought I have had a kidney stone. They did a KUB and it turned out normal.. SURPRISE! Next they did blood work and urine. Blood was normal. In the urine no infection showed up but there was a trace of blood and a trace of protein. The trace of blood is easy to explain. My bladder is so inflamed now it is bleeding. The protein didn't really have an explanation for that. So the nurse practitioner wanted to do a 24 hour urine study. I also told her I thought I needed help with getting through the trauma of all this. I have been depressed quite often since I was diagnosed and even before that with the frustration of not being able to find anything. I had been traumatized and I needed help. So she told me to try Viibryd. So I'm trying that and it will take four to six weeks to take full effect on my body. I will keep you up to date on how that is going too. Yesterday I started my 24 hour urine test. You never realize how much you actually go until you do one of those. I turned it in this morning and got some more blood work done. I'm not sure how long it will take to get results back but hopefully soon.

Today I don't have much plans. Just taking it easy and hanging out with my brother for a while and then going to the gym later Mary. It will be the first time I've felt like going to the gym in over a month. Don't worry I won't over do it. I plan on having a GREAT day! Thanks for all the prayers and kind words! Praying for a cure! maybe 2013 will be the year!

15 days until my next appointment in Birmingham!

No comments:

Post a Comment