Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Get it all out

This blog was written over a couple of days. So the timeline is a little off :)

Today(Wednesday) I am experiencing so many emotions but the main one is anger. It has been a terrible past 5 days. So much has happened. I'm so emotional right now it's crazy. Let's start Friday.

Friday morning I got really bad sick again with nausea. I had to take a Phenergan and it knocked me out so i slept most of the day. When I woke up that afternoon my mom told me my family physician's had called and left a message that I have been referred to Dr. Boorgu and my appointment is April 1st. Dr.Boorgu is a kidney doctor. I called Monday and asked the nurse why I was being referred to Dr. Boorgu and she told me that I had an abnormal 24 hour urine test. This didn't tell me anything so I asked her what was abnormal about it and she told me my kidney function is not at the level it is supposed to be at. I think my heart stopped. I was expecting a normal test and nothing like this. But I'm being optimistic. It can't be that bad since my appointment is still two weeks away. That means I don't have to see a doctor stat.

Also on Friday I got a phone call from my local urologist. Wednesday I had dropped off some paperwork for my doctor fill out so I can take Family Medical Leave. On this leave I can still work but if i need to be off because of my serious condition then I can't be punished. It protects my job. When My urologist's office called Friday they had more bad news for me. My doctor will not sign the papers since he has referred me to UAB. So I called my urologist at UAB to see if they would fill out the paperwork.  They agreed to it and I faxed it to them on Monday. Well Tuesday I got a phone call  from UAB and the nurse told me that my urologist would not authorize family medical leave because all I have is IC. Woah woah woah. All I have is IC? Let me get this straight. I only work one day a week and most of the time I have to call in on that day because I'm in so much pain. I cry every day from pain. I can't eat because I'm so nauseated. I am in the ER every two weeks because I can't take the pain anymore. I am in more pain than 80% of all patients I register at I work. I have a disability and you won't authorize family medical leave because all I have is just IC. IC a chronic inflammation of the bladder disease that can cause pain that can be as bad as stage 4 cancer. And all I have is just IC. Can you say I'm mad? I am IRATE! But I'm not giving up. I have two more doctors to ask to fill out the papers and hopefully one of them will. If not then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Today (Thursday) I headed to Birmingham to meet my pelvic floor therapist. I have so much optimism right now. I really think.this therapy will help. The doctor explained to me how this works and why it is causing pain. She is very good at what she does. And when she was finished I had zero pain. Now of course my pain is back but it's a different pain. Also since the therapist is an actual doctor they will fill out my family medical leave. I was prescribed some new medicine that is placed near where the pain is so it has a better chance of working. I'm so excited about this and so glad the latter part of this post has good news. God has blessed me so much! Thank you so much for all the prayers! I truly think I'm headed in the right direction now!

No comments:

Post a Comment